Medik8 is dedicated to producing high quality skincare products with the best ingredients, the right strengths, and a proven track record. The brand has tailored lines for specific skin solutions.
From the start in 2009, Medik8 has grown into a world-renowned brand, endorsed by dermatologists, doctors and professional skincare specialists. Despite its relative young age, Medik8 is recognized as being a world-leading cosmeceutical.
IDEAS AND MOTIVATION
Elliot Isaacs, the founder, arrived in the skincare industry at a very interesting time. Around the start of the cosmeceutical revolution and also the rise of the natural/organic movement. Elliot had the goal of building a science-based skincare brand in the UK, and bring fresh ideas and British innovation to an international market dominated by US and French companies. The idea came from his sister, who suffered from Rosacea and didn't get the help she needed. The first product was a cream for sensitive skin, with 8 percent vitamin K, hence the name Medik8. Elliot himself has over twelve years experience developing professional skincare products and he is a member of the Society of Cosmetic Scientists. A team of scientists, formulators and external experts collaborate with the development of each product.
Medik8 is dedicated to minimizing the impact on the environment whenever they can. This is taken into account at each stage of development of the products, from the initial research to the final manufacturing. They believe in green chemistry (the science of producing ingredients and formulating products using an energy efficient process) because it is better for the environment, it also can provide more stable formulations that are more compatible with the skin.
THE CSA PHILOSOPHY
Beautiful skin for life is Medik8's ultimate mission. In 2009, they invented the CSA Philosophy. Incredibly simple and grounded in science - it just works. Just use a vitamin C (C) plus sunscreen (S) by day and vitamin A (A) by night. That's it. This straightforward strategy is clinically proven to deliver results you can see as well as feel.
- Solution specific products
- Proven results
- Professional strength
- Highly stable formula with well-documented and original research
- Core anti-ageing philosophy
- Skin "safe" ingredients minimizing irritation
- Lab quality… "hand-engineered in small batches"
- Green chemistry & eco-friendly packaging
ACCLIMATION OF PRODUCTS
Start by introducing one product at a time when switching to new skincare products. It takes approximately 2-8 weeks for the skin to acclimate to new products, and for you to see an improvement. Initially, you may experience worsening of the skin before it gets better; dryness, impurities and blemishes are common. This cleansing is normal and happens because the skin is wearing off the previous products. If you experience lasting discomfort, stop the treatment and contact one of our estheticians.
General contraindications for products containing active ingredients (e.g. AHA products):
- If you are still using exfoliating products from a different line of products; stop using these 2 weeks prior to starting a new treatment.
- Do not exfoliate on sunburned skin (red/irritated) or newly waxed skin.
- Do not use if your are taking prescription medication for acne.
- If you are using prescription medication for acne e.g. Roaccutane/isotretinoin, you should stop taking the medicine at least 6 months prior to using products with active ingredients.
- If you are using topical creams to treat acne e.g. Aberela, Retinova, Zorac, Differin, you should stop using the product at least 2-3 months prior to exfoliating your skin.